Fashion Forum

Go Back   Fashion Forum > Fashion > Fashion Forward

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008   #1 (permalink)
UltraFashionista

arok is on a distinguished road
Default European vs. American Style

What do you gals/guys think is the main difference between American and European sense of style?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-12-2008   #2 (permalink)
UltraFashionista

ChanelLove is on a distinguished road

I think European is a bit more Risque vs. American is a bit more conservative and plain.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-13-2008   #3 (permalink)
UltraFashionista

Gabs is on a distinguished road

I feel a good level to actually see the difference is in the way regular people dress. Even though it may not be famous labels, but you are bound to see overall a more carefully picked look than in the United States.
Old 01-13-2008   #4 (permalink)
UltraModerator

Daisy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabs View Post
I feel a good level to actually see the difference is in the way regular people dress. Even though it may not be famous labels, but you are bound to see overall a more carefully picked look than in the United States.
I agree. When one has lots of $$$ to spend on clothes and stylists, it's makes it harder to go wrong. While the average person goes with their gut feeling and style
Old 01-13-2008   #5 (permalink)
UltraMember

Caroline.smith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanelLove View Post
I think European is a bit more Risque vs. American is a bit more conservative and plain.
Also European is more creative vs. MArican more commercial
Old 01-13-2008   #6 (permalink)
UltraModerator

Daisy is on a distinguished road

Well put^
Old 01-14-2008   #7 (permalink)
UltraFashionista

jaylynnperkins is on a distinguished road

That should tell us something.. we should be use creativity no matter how bold.
Old 01-14-2008   #8 (permalink)
UltraFashionista

mudkipz is on a distinguished road

I haven't really been to Europe, but what I saw when I was in LA was that majority of the people there dressed comfortably. But in NY, people dressed smartly. I don't know how much that defines people's clothes though.

Although I see how Europeans dress when I watch some TV...they look more fashion-conscious. No offense!
Old 11-27-2010   #9 (permalink)
UltraJunior

norapoppy is on a distinguished road

i think european fashion style has more variations and all of their trends involve bold colours and all
Old 12-09-2010   #10 (permalink)
UltraJunior

Emily11 is on a distinguished road

Its a bit too big a generalisation to make because popular styles vary from country to country. I find scandinavians tent to dress very smartly and they are very brand consciouse whereas Spanish people (especially younger people) are quite creative with their clothes and hair styles. In italy its all about big sunglasses and big hair and then in france its more minimalistic. And thats just to name a few countries.