Dry ends conditioners/treatments

Discussion in 'Hair' started by Butterfly, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Member

I'm trying to grow my hair longer and would like to avoid haircuts until February. Are there any treatments or conditioners or treatments that I can apply that would heal the slightly dry ends?

2. craz

craz Member

There is a good treatment from Aveda I forgot the name but it's in a blue tube.It is a treatment and you can use it 2x a week.

3. katythailand

katythailand New Member

whenever i try to grow my hair there is increase in hare fall :(

4. Diorlette

Diorlette Member

You can try the Moisture masks from Neutrogena. They come in orange jars and they work pretty well.

5. dhaley

dhaley New Member

* To a cup of coconut milk add two tablespoons of gram flour. Apply on the scalp and massage gently. Rinse the hair after five minutes. Use this method once a week. This is very good and effective home remedy for dry hair.

* Make a conditioner by mixing one tablespoon of castor oil, one tablespoon of glycerin, a teaspoon of cider vinegar, a teaspoon of protein to a tablespoon of mild herbal shampoo. Apply it on scalp and leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse the hair.

* Massage the scalp with warm almond or olive oil.

* Add a teaspoon of lavender oil to the coconut oil and heat it for few seconds. Massage the scalp at night and shampoo the hair next morning. Follow this procedure twice a week for soft and shiny hair. This is very useful home remedy for dry hair.

*A diet rich in zinc should be followed, as the main cause of dry hair is the deficiency of mineral zinc.

Latest-Beauty-Tips.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  6. Diorlette

Diorlette Member

I love all natural skin and hair care.

7. Juicycouture

Juicycouture New Member

I have tried this and it works good.

8. greenpsycho

greenpsycho Member

Really? but most of the time results varies with hair types right? Try those procedures this weekend & keep you posted regarding the result.;) Thanks anyway!:dance:

9. runwayexpress

runwayexpress New Member

I have been using coconut milk for my dry hair and cover it with a shower cap for 30 minutes or a hot towel. It's very effective for me. I got my hair shiny. :)

10. smith_82

smith_82 Banned

Take a cup of coconut milk and add two tablespoons of gram flour or one teaspoon of shikakai. Apply on your scalp and hair and massage gently. Rinse it out after five minutes. Follow this recipe at least once a week.

Another dry hair home remedy: The Protein Conditioner
    Beat one tablespoon of castor oil, one tablespoon of glycerin, a teaspoon of cider vinegar and a teaspoon of protein, plus a tablespoon of mild herbal shampoo. Apply it on scalp and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with clear water.

11. Life Journey

Life Journey Member

Aloe Vera, although not a product found literally at home but a little outside in ones garden is a good remedy for dry hair. It is obtained from the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant. Break the leaf and squeeze out the liquid inside, apply this liquid to your scalp, keep for about an hour, wash it off and watch the dryness disappear slowly but surely.

12. misskitty22

misskitty22 New Member

I've always heard about mayonnaise. Also cracking an egg over your head and rubbing that in makes your hair really shiny! That might sounds gross, but it works. Anything egg product! :)

13. Higuane

Higuane New Member

Hey dhaley you have solved my problem dear. My hair are so dry and you have shared home remedies for dry hair. I will try to use these remedies for my hair. Thanks for posting such a useful information.

14. rahul_veneton

rahul_veneton New Member

Apply vinegar after washing your hair and keep it for 1 minute and again wash it with normal water.You will be able to see the difference.

15. ntrll9875

ntrll9875 Banned

olive oil! it works so great. it works best if you heat a little in the microwave and put it on dry hair. if you're not doing anything just put it all over your hair and leave it on all day or for at least 5 hours. then just wash your hair with shampoo 2-3 times to get it all out so your hair doesn't look greasy.

it will feel SO nice and silky and smooth, I've been doing this for a long time

16. ntrll9875

ntrll9875 Banned

this probably means you should get a hair cut every month or something and STOP STRAIGHTNING YOUR HAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…