Home Hair care remedies

Discussion in 'Hair' started by Chloe-esque, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Chloe-esque

Chloe-esque Member

One of really good home remedies, but I would only suggest it for super dry hair, and a week where you can stay home :)

Comb olive oil through the dry parts of your hair, and towel dry. Put a towel on your pillow, and leave the oil on overnight. Shampoo it out in the morning. This worked well when I had no money for good conditioner. Olive oil is actually great for everything--skin, hair, nails--be careful with extra virgin, though, because it smells weird.

2. Oh boy I'm not sure I can pull it off.

3. Diorlette

Diorlette Member

I would try anything that would help me with any beauty issues.....if it works I'am willing to suffer a bit.

4. Malikk

Malikk Guest

Is it also good for dry skin? Well, my hair okay, only that i have split ends. My worry is my skin it is getting dry. I was born and raised in tropical country, so a drastic change of weather from tropical to icy cold weather makes a high wire in my skin.

5. UltraStyle

UltraStyle Administrator Staff Member

Yes cosmetic oil is good for dry skin.

6. greenpsycho

greenpsycho Member

I tried several hair remedies before, I don't think this one will fit mine. I have to work everyday & I think if that will consume much of my time It won't work.I wonder if you have any other remedies for this.Something which is not that time consuming.(Although I know that when you want to achieve something you have to spend time & wait for the result.) Just wanna know if you have other alternatives.Tips will be much appreciated ;)

7. m_m2005

m_m2005 New Member

as i know olive oil do not keep it in your hair for long time like one day ,because it will make the hair fall little bet

you can put olive oil in your hair befor you sleep then wake up in the morning wash your hair , or four hours in your hair then clean it.

for me, i use indian oil make my hair a little bet long

and this is the picture

[​IMG]

another indian oil

i was used befor two years ago

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  8. bibigandanghari

bibigandanghari New Member

If my hair is dry I only use conditioner...

9. Life Journey

Life Journey Member

For dry hair try these hot oil massages....they will help in maintaining the natural sheen of your hair and will also condition your hair:

Hot oil massages: Warm 2 tsp. of olive oil and 2 tsp. coconut oil and gently massage every part of the scalp for 10-15 minutes. Rinse a towel in hot water, wipe and wind the hair around the head as it cools. Repeat 2 or 3 times to issue total saturation. After that, shampoo and rinse well. It is good for brittle dry hair.

Hot Caster oil massage: Warm ½ cup of Castor oil, massage into scalp and gently comb it. Bind the hair with hot towel on the head, wait for 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse. As it is home made is so good to use for scanty hair.

Clove oil honey massage. Stir well ½ cup of green olive oil with 1 cup of liquid honey. Shake vigorously. Keep the mixture to settle for a day or two. Massage into the scalp and comb it not touching the scalp. After massaging cover hair with plastic shower cap. Make it air tight to let the heat penetrate, leave like that for 20 to 30 minutes. Then shampoo and rinse well. It is good for dark hair to keep it shining and lustrous.

Hope it helps for you.

10. I didnt know that olive oil can be use for hair because as far as i know coconut oil are the one that goods for the hair.

11. boomer mitra

boomer mitra New Member

Olive oil is life saver. It can be utilized in a no. of manners..implementation is also not a problem

12. safia1230

safia1230 New Member

Dry hair tends to be thin and rough. It is susceptible to tangles, damage, breakage and split ends. We suggest a few remedies you can try at home for managing dry hair. The primary aim is to replenish the oil and the moisture in the hair. That is why the emphasis is on the conditioning aspect of hair care. Strong cleansing routines and dry toning exercises and massaging of the scalp promote dryness and flakiness of the scalp. The use of strong-action shampoo is prohibited for dry hair. Often a generous oil application and massage is recommended before washing the hair. Frequent shampooing is harmful for dry hair. For the moisture-dry hair, a moisturizer application is required.

The problem of dry hair is very common among people worldwide. You face this problem when your hairs begin to lose its moisture. Due to dryness, the hair loses its shine and luster and the hair becomes brittle and damaged. In fact, combing your hair results in further breakage due to the frizziness. Dryness of hair may ultimately result in the loss of hair.

The most common causes for dry hair are as follows:

• One of the major causes for dry hair is malnutrition. Lack of certain nutrients in your daily dietary plan may result in dry hair.

• Over exposure to sun is another cause for drying of hair.

• Excessive use of certain hair styling products that may contain some harsh chemicals may also lead to this problem.

• If you wash your hair very often, it can also cause drying of hair.

• Drying your hair with hair dryer at a very high temperature can also cause loss of moisture, thereby resulting in dry hair.

• Intake of certain medicines such as antibiotics can also cause the problem of dry hair.

• Prolonged illness can also lead to dry and brittle hair.

Although there are a number of remedies for dry hair treatment, you may like to opt for natural remedies for dry hair as these remedies are effective with minimal or no side effects. Some of the most effective and proven home remedies for dry hair are mentioned below.

• The first and foremost thing to be done for hair treatment of dry hair is to drink a lot of water during the day. The recommended daily water intake is six to ten glasses. This greatly helps in regaining lost moisture.

• Mix the juice of two lemons in a bowl of water and apply this on your scalp and hair. Gently massage your scalp with your fingertips. After about and hour wash your hair with normal cold water. This is one of the most effective home remedies for dry hair and scalp.

• Home remedies for dry hair using egg are also very effective and popularly used throughout the world. For this, beat the contents of two eggs and mix one teaspoon of lemon juice and olive oil in it. Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp while gently massaging your scalp. Let it dry for about half and hour, and thoroughly wash the hair using a mild shampoo. This is also one of the best home remedies for dry hair and split ends. The egg also acts as a great natural conditioner for dry hair.

• Mix aloe vera juice and curd in equal quantities and apply on your scalp. Keep it for about 30 to 40 minutes and thoroughly rinse your hair with cold water. Using this remedy twice a week will solve your problem of dry hair. This is another one of the most popular dry hair repair home remedies.

• Dry hair treatment using natural oils is also very effective, especially for dry hair repair. Though you can use any of the oils such as jojoba oil, coconut oil, or olive oil, dry hair treatment using olive oil is more popular among people as it is rich in vitamin E. Apply natural olive oil on your hair before going to bed and keep your head covered. In the morning, wash it off using a mild shampoo. This is also one of the most commonly used home remedies for dry hair using olive oil.

• Another of the home remedies for dry hair using mayonnaise is also very common. For this, mayonnaise is prepared by mixing vinegar, lime juice and eggs, and applied on the scalp.

You can use any of these home remedies for dry hair treatment at home. However, should there be excessive dryness or hair fall, it is best to consult a doctor

13. sahar_baig

sahar_baig New Member

I've used Dabur Amla.
    It really works.

14. ntrll9875

ntrll9875 Banned

it makes my hair really so shiny. thanks for sharing grt home remedy. is it stop hair fall also?

15. Zoriweresi

Zoriweresi New Member

I tried several hair alternatives before, I don't think this one will fit my own. I have to execute everyday & I think if that will eat much of your energy and energy It won't execute.I wonder if you have any other alternatives for this.Something which is not that interval extensive.(Although I know that when you want to achieve something you have to get a while & wait for the result.) Just want to know if you have other alternatives.Tips will be much respected.

16. Cathe2525

Cathe2525 New Member

#13 Home Remedies I hope best suits your

* Repair damage with an avocado

* Massage in butter

* Condition with olive oil

* Make a "shampoo omelet"

* Let your hair down

* Eat your omega-3s

* Rinse with tea

* Whip up an apple cider vinegar mask

* Try sandelwood oil

* Use a humidifier at night

17. paulwestwod

paulwestwod New Member

How do I make my hair thicker?

Olive Oil

1. Massage your hair and scalp with warm olive oil and just leave it for at least 30 minutes.

2. Rinse it, then wash your hair using a mild shampoo

Olive Oil with honey

1. Mix it with honey and apply on your hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash your hair

How can I repair damaged hair?

1. Take 1 whisked egg and massage it on your scalp and hair for few minutes. Cover with a shower cap and leave it for 20 minutes.

2. Rinse with cool water and shampoo

3. An alternative method is beat 2 eggs along with ½ cup of yogurt.

4. Add 1-1/2 tablespoon of almond oil and beat again until you get a creamy texture

Do you want to increase hair growth?

1. Mix lemon juice and 2 parts of olive oil or coconut oil

2. Apply on the hair and scalp

3. Leave it for 30 minutes

4. Wash it and then shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo

5. Repeat once or twice a week

Note: Don’t use lemon juice in excess, it lightens your hair color over time