Six Body Benefits of Tea

Discussion in 'Fitness & Wellbeing' started by Gabs, Dec 29, 2007.

1. anne022196

anne022196 Member

cactus fig? haven't heard that..

2. Gabs

Gabs UltraFashionista

^ If you're interested to try it, you can order some at this link: CACTUS FIG

I've recentely bought peach/pineapple - while I don't think it has any major health benefits, its very refreshing, especially since it can be served cold! During these summer days, it's a good choice.

3. Gabs

Gabs UltraFashionista

Here are some GREEN TEA BENEFITS I ran into:

1. It’s great for teeth: Green tea has fluoride in it, making it a superstar for keeping gums and teeth healthy. Green tea can even be used as a mouthwash to maintain breath.

2. It’s a room deodorizer: Green tea leaves have traditionally been used to naturally absorb odors in a room. Place tea leaves in a bowl to help absorb unpleasant odors or leave some in the fridge in place of baking soda.

3. It’s good for the bones: Naturally high in minerals, green tea aids in strong bone density, which is important for maintaining good posture.

4. It can soothe skin: Spent a little too much time in the sun? Use the naturally calming properties of green tea to soothe sunburned skin. Place green tea in a spray bottle and mist on sunburned areas for all-natural relief. Because it has anti-bacterial qualities, green tea can also be used as an antiseptic to spray on skin blemishes or irritations.

5. It’s good for the feet: Soaking tired feet in green tea can prevent unpleasant fungal infections

source: Yahoo Health

4. UltraStyle

UltraStyle Administrator Staff Member

I had no clue green tea had flouride in it.in fact I had no clue it had any of those benefits in it. Thanks Gabs.

5. greenpsycho

greenpsycho Member

Thanks for posting those tips Gabs! Really nice information from you! ;)

6. Anntrenton

Anntrenton New Member

Amazing tea

Drinking four or more cups of tea every day could be more beneficial than drinking water. They say that tea not only rehydrates you as well as water does, but it can also offer protection against heart disease and cancer. It is commonly thought that drinking tea leads to loss of fluid and may lead to dehydration. But according to researchers, the water in the tea can actually help replenish fluids in the body.Some of the best teas can be found at trentonteas.com. cheers!

7. la beauté

la beauté Member

So, my origin is from Turkey (I was born and grew up in Switzerland but I still go every summer to my grandmother in Istanbul).
    You can't believe how much tea they are drinking there!!!! Really.
    You drink tea for breakfast, then at lunch, then when it's about 4 o'clock and finally at the evening. And you drink it very HOT in the SUMMER.

At the moment right now I'm drinking tea with rosehip in it

Did you know that real tea is black and green tea? Every other tea ist just herb.

In Turkey you just drink black tea and nothing else. There are differences between black tea from India, Asia and Turkey.

8. Gabs

Gabs UltraFashionista

^Good info! I knew about the fact that you drink hot tea during summer, it stops the sweating process, right?

9. la beauté

la beauté Member

Yes, but not every tea...tea with sage in it helps REALLY. You have to drink it a few times (2-3) in a day and it's better when it is cold.

Black tea even stimulates the sweatening process, because we (in Turkey) drink it hot.
    When the body sweats the temperature goes down and you feel much better then.

There are a lot of good things about tea...

10. illeszt_chick

illeszt_chick New Member

I love green tea and water. They're good for your health.

11. Higuane

Higuane New Member

I prefer green tea and i love it. It has lot of benefits. it burns fat and also good for skin. it keeps me active. I drink it regularly. I suggest everyone to drink it.

12. yoksas

yoksas New Member

Thanks Gabs

13. KeiraLachappelle

KeiraLachappelle New Member

Inspiring others through our t-shirts and designs. Inspirational, tshirts and styles for guys and girls. Add cool t-shirts and graphic tees to your wardrobe. Best vintage t-shirts and popular tshirt collection.

14. natashasmith

natashasmith New Member

Very informative! Really got handful of information on benefits of drinking tea.

15. angelique

angelique New Member

Drinking tea may help your body's immune system fight off infection. When 21 volunteers drank either five cups of tea or coffee each day for four weeks, researchers saw higher immune system activity in the blood of the tea drinkers.

16. angelique

angelique New Member

Drinking tea may help your body's immune system fight off infection. When 21 volunteers drank either five cups of tea or coffee each day for four weeks, researchers saw higher immune system activity in the blood of the tea drinkers.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  17. ntrll9875

ntrll9875 Banned

Drink too much tea a day is not a good thing, just in moderation. And green tea has the following health benefits:

18. maxadam

maxadam New Member

It depends on the nature of tea you are drinking. Drinking herbal tea always shows great result in health. Herbal tea sometime helps to loose weight too.

19. Cathe2525

Cathe2525 New Member

Tea is always better for mind relief, I got an experience :)

20. paulwestwod

paulwestwod New Member