Sun protection for hair

Discussion in 'Hair' started by UltraStyle, Apr 29, 2008.

1. UltraStyle

UltraStyle Administrator Staff Member

There seem to be more and more products out there that protect against the harmful sun rays.Do they really work???

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010
  2. craz

craz Member

i've seen some from Clinique and Clarins. never used them, I'm not sure if it makes sense, well unless they're waterproof, and wouldn't waterproof be too greasy for hair.

3. ellachun

ellachun Guest

I don't believe on some because they leave stains on our hair. It's better I guess to protect our hair by covering it.

4. shoeprincess

shoeprincess Member

I agree ella, why put product in your hair when you can just wear a hat.

5. ellachun

ellachun Guest

^I watched a beauty show (forgot the title) and the beauty consultant said, the more you put into your hair - the more your hair will be damaged.

6. UltraStyle

That sounds right

7. arok

arok Member

I wouldn't use anything, I wouldn't know what would ruin my hair more the sun or the chemicals in the products.

8. Chloe-esque

Chloe-esque Member

I dont know if I'd use it. I've lived so long without it, why whould i start spraying my hair with chemicals?

9. I never use any chemicals on my hair. I follow what my mother says. Because my mother is quite a lot of vanity. She applied many things but now she regret. She told me not to immitate her. lol.

10. COLORMEGONE

COLORMEGONE New Member

Number one in protection from the sun is avoidance. Since that is impossible and a hat is simply no fun then I would suggest products such as Aquage (such as their "SeaExtend line) and/or Aveda (such as their "ColorConserve line). Both have products that contain UV/UVA/UVB protection. They are extremely safe for the hair and will not cause any damage to hair or color. Both lines have there own websites that explain the products in further details.

11. Gabs

Gabs UltraFashionista

I hear the Soleil line from Kerastase is pretty good.

12. Gabs

Gabs UltraFashionista

Here's the L'Oreal Professionnel line for haircare during summer - it's called SOLAR SUBLIME.

[​IMG]

I tried the 1st and 4th product and I loved them. The spray is very practical because you can apply it when you're at the beach...or on damp or dry hair before and during sun exposure. Spray onto your lengths and ends. And you don't have to rince it out.

13. Life Journey

Life Journey Member

Red vine year-round hair sun protection,cost around £10 i think, it creates a barrier between your hair and damaging UV rays .

14. Gabs

Gabs UltraFashionista

[​IMG]

Biolage Sunsorials is a great line for your haircare during summer days. And affordable too!

15. UltraStyle

Aveda also has a few products that protect against UV rays and also after sun care product.

16. Gabs

Gabs UltraFashionista

Hey girls...summer is like here! So please do not forget to take care of your hair as well!!!

Plus, to give a more glamour look whether you're by the pool or out with friends at a terrace, I recommend this new product from Kerastase Soleil - HUILE CELESTE, it has glittery particles in it and UV protection!
    [​IMG]

17. la beauté

la beauté Member

I just wear a lot of hats in summer, they are a good protection for my hair and they look good:)

18. arodriguez

arodriguez New Member

L'occitaine summer protection sun hair mist. Helps protect hair from UV rays and makes its easier to detangle and comb through. Also has some botanical ingredients, which strengthen hair.

19. maddie29

maddie29 Member

I heard Redken offers a few products with sun protection. How about wearing a fashionable hat?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  20. knight06

knight06 New Member

when walk, we need use product from the sun is avoidance