Velvet

Discussion in 'Trend Buzz' started by UltraStyle, Apr 2, 2008.

1. UltraStyle

UltraStyle Administrator Staff Member

This fall, velvet is the fabric of choice for cool girls who can slip into everything from racy dresses to sleek, sexy pants.

Lighter and looser — that's the turn velvet is taking this fall, in pieces that layer easily with other fabrics. Case in point: Mimi Turner's silk rayon velvet jacket, Laila Azhar's silk top, Nolita's polyester dress and cotton leggings from Simone by Katie Nehra. Wunderkind shoes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wwd.com

2. craz

craz Member

I've never been crazy about velvet, but I like the last dress

3. Magster

Magster Member

I can like velvet but it has to be just right -- otherwise it looks like expensive draperies. I definitely don't think 'looser' is the way to go.

4. Gabs

Gabs UltraFashionista

Wasn't velvet "in" a couple of years ago too?

5. UltraStyle

UltraStyle Administrator Staff Member

yeap, it was...

6. Shuzz

Shuzz Member

It is definitely in right now.

7. federicocalce

federicocalce Banned

I never like to wear the velvety cloths actually. they gives an ugly look. well in my childhood my mom selects these kind of dresses for me & my younger brother. she likes it.

8. boomer mitra

boomer mitra New Member

velvet is one of the fabrics I dont like :(
    my girl friend likes it crazy!

9. Emily11

Emily11 New Member

H & M have some cute velvet dresses at the moment, but i think few people could pull off loose fitting velvet it can make you look frumpy if its not done right. I think less is more, one velvet item idealy short (to avoid the 'curtain' effect that was mentioned.) I love this blue/green one cause its nicely fitted velvet dress H&M Shop Online - Polyvore